Sunday, March 27, 2011

Haul: Elf


Last February I had this HUGE Elf haul and the reason I'm only posting this now is because I didn't open everything at once :P I don't usually buy this much makeup, however I got these at a very good deal online -- Php85 each for minimum 20 items. And most of the items I got are not sold here locally. Here's some picture with swatches and mini reviews ^_^

Brushes

From left to right: Smudge, Concealer Brush (I don't remember ordering this one:P), Eyeshadow Brush, Eyeliner Brush -- this one I just got because I have to complete the 20items required. I don't really need this :P

Bronzers
hihi, please excuse the poor photo editing :P

Sunkissed and Matte Bronze -- very basic :P

Eyeliners
Plum and Midnight. These are very subtle colors, so if you want to try out colored eyeliners but you don't want that BAM! PURPLE and BLUE, these eyeliners would work for you.


All Over Color Sticks


In Golden Peach and Pink Lemonade. They're kinda hard to work on at first, but I guess the humidity of my room soften (not melted) it a bit so now its fine. Really easy to use. I just swipe it on my cheeks then blend it with blush brush:) Golden Peach's not showing very well on my skin tone though :( As you can see in the swatch, you can barely see the peach color .

Shimmering Facial Whip

Golden Peach and Lilac Petal. I don't think highlighters are popular among Filipinas so I'm really happy I finally got these, specially Lilac Petal since it's a dupe for Benefit Highbeam :)

Lippies ^_^

Left to right: Hypershine Lipgloss in Bubblegum -- it has the caramel scent like my Urban Decay Timothy only this one actually tastes sweet :) Color makes my lips look pale. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips -- color doesn't show pretty well on my lips too, it's like lipgloss not lipstick. It has this minty feel when applied. Plumping Lip Glaze in Ruby Kiss -- it has this stingy sensation alright, however I'm not convinced of it's plumping effect. Love the color though :) Super Glossy Lip Shine in Iced Latte. I didn't swatch it because I could already see that it's too dark for my liking. Oh! for the HL and LLL, you have to twist the bottom to get the products out. It takes more twist if youre using them for the first time. Just to let you know :P

Brightening Eye Color

In Ivy. I got this quad just for that brownish shade because it is said to be dupe for Mac's Satin Taupe but it turns out that the other shades are nice as well. Really wearable greens and olives :) Plus the quality's pretty good for Php85 ^_^

Eye Makeup Remover Pads

I haven't tried this one because I'm saving this for travel :P

Tone Correcting Concealer

In Light. Well, for something that says 'Light' this seems to be a bit dark and has very poor coverage. This is not a good product.

Eyelid Primer

I got this because I don't want to ran out of my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but this is suprisingly good :) Fomulation is a bit oilier (see comparison with UDPP in pic)but it does its job. Tried this once and it did make my eyeshadow last the whole day.

Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

My least favorite product. Very very poor quality. The swatch says it all actually.

If you are interested where online store I got this, leave a comment below. I don't want to mention her here because the transaction didn't go 100% well so I can't really recommend her.

-=Giveaway=-

So I decided to giveaway these items that I didn't like instead of keeping them just for the sake of having them. You will get all 3 just follow this blog and comment below with your email. All items are unopened.

**Detour -- Earth Hour

So yesterday the 3rd annual Earth Hour was held. Did you participate?? I'm glad that Philippines has always been on the top participants of this event :) As for me, I 'commemorated' this event by quickly camwhoring with just my dresser light (which I quickly turned off after, of course *wink). How did you spend 1 hour of darkness?? ^_^


=^.-=

No comments:

Post a Comment