Thursday, March 24, 2011

21 - Adele, Brothers -The Black Keys, Tanya Markova, Science and Faith - The Script

YaHa! First music blog!!! i'm surprised I'm doing this just now......... :P

A friend of mine recently lend me copies of Adele's 21 and The Black Keys' Brothers. She has been raving on both albums for weeks (or was it months) now and I'm glad I finally got the chance to listen to them yesterday and I would like to share with you my tid bit thoughts on them ^_^ first up, Adele's 21....
As much as I recognize the brilliance of her voice Adele isn't the type of artist I would spend money on. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm an Alternative girl..... Honestly, when I hear of 'Adele' initial thinking was people listen to her sing and not really her song...Heck! this woman's voice is so good you make her sing Rebecca Black's Friday and it will sound amazing! so about 21 I was expecting to be bored by the 3rd or 4th track but man, I was floored! The album is so diverse but still "Adele". Its really very very good!
Tracklisting
1. Rolling in the Deep
2. Rumour Has It - vampy, bit Duffy-ish...
3. Turning Tables
4. Don’t You Remember
5. Set the Fire to Rain - great song! definitely my favorite from the tracks
6. He Won’t Go - 1st 2 notes of harp-ish sound kinda reminds me of Chasing Pavement intro...; like remix;but of course when verses started, it's a totally diff song...kinda rnb-diva-ish..
7. Take It All
8. I’ll Be Waiting
9. One and Only - blues with a bit of sexy vibes...idk
10. Lovesong - bossa nova-ish...bit like Sade
11. Someone Like You

How good is this record?? well it made me research her songs from the previous album...prior this, I only know her for the phenomenal Chasing Pavements :P

Album Art: umm, it's fine. I just wish they didn't make her pose like that. She looks like she's scratching her head....well at least she looks like a diva while doing it... HAH!

The Black Keys - Brothers

Its kind of bummer that like none of their songs make it to Asian frequency to think that this group has won 3 from their 5 nominations in the recent Grammys. 2 of those awards were for Best Alternative Album and Best Recording Package both for the album "Brothers" ^_^

Brothers is a very good alternative album with a very distinctive sound that is The Black Keys. Umm, music's kinda like something you'd likely listen too while smokin' weed, HAHA!!.... JOKE! we don't do drugs and stuff here 'ayt :P One thing I find consistent thru out the album is that it seems like it was recorded in some shabby backyard studio :P The quality of music is very similar to my office "Christmas Party Band" which I'm a part of..HAHA!! But for some freakin' reason... it really works. If you're into junky alternative or just alternative music, this album is worth listening to :)
Tracklist:
01. Everlasting Light
02. Next Girl
03. Tighten Up
04. Howlin’ For You
05. She’s Long Gone
06. Black Mud
07. The Only One
08. Too Afraid to Love You
09. Ten Cent Pistol
10. Sinister Kid
11. The Go Getter
12. I’m Not the One
13. Unknown Brother
14. Never Gonna Give You Up
15. These Days

Album Art: Simple and very quirky^_^ Really suits the band.

Another friend (guy this time) lend me a copy of both albums below, last month I think.....

Tanya Markova - Tanya Markova

YaHa! OPM time!! OK, when I first heard "Picture Picture" on the radio, I was like.."Meh...sounds unique..." but I didn't like it at all. And then came "Linda Blair" LOL! very funny and infectious song! AYLAVET! [Linda Blair is a song about a student who didn't do his homework because he watched "Exorcist". So while the teacher was scolding at him in class, he suddenly had this "urge" of being possessed. He flipped chairs and tables and spat phlegm on the teacher's face HAHAHAHA!!!]

Although panay kalakohan lang lahat ng songs. The musicality is surprisingly very very good ^_^
Tracklisting:
  1. Bye Bye Mosquito
  2. Curfew
  3. Disney
  4. Hoy! Bampira Ako (Takot Ka Na) -my 2nd favorite, after Linda Blair ^_^
  5. Jacuzzi
  6. Linda Blair
  7. M.i.m
  8. Mag-Exercise Tayo
  9. Monster Mommy
  10. Ninong
  11. P.a. Roadie Fernandez
  12. Picture Picture
  13. Psst
  14. Radio Inferno Intro
  15. Reunion of Soul
  16. Sentimental Value
Album Art: I tried researching if there's a special meaning to it but I can't find any so I guess there's none, ahaha!! Maybe because they're always confused for a solo artist (Yes, T.M.'s a band) so perhaps they want to confuse the people more. I think its cute....in a gothic way...luv it!

and finally...

Science and Faith - The Script

The Script (first album) was awesome and I'm glad the sophomore album is as awesome!! ^_^ Really there's nothing much to say except that this is a highly recommended album. If you loved "The Script" you'll definitely fall for the follow up album. Believe me!!



Tracklisting:
  1. Dead Man Walking
  2. Exit Wounds
  3. For The First Time
  4. If You Ever Come Back
  5. Long Gone And Moved On
  6. Nothing - 1st single and also my favorite ^_^
  7. Science And Faith
  8. This=Love
  9. Walk Away
  10. You Won't Feel A Thing
Album Art: SCIENCE and FAITH...hand in hand... OK, I just thought of that now, but that could be it, right?!?

BTW. For all The Script fans in the Philippines, they will be performing at the Araneta Coliseum on April 16.....and so is Mr. Big!! on May 10...hays, I don't have the budget now so I guess I'll be passing on these both events *big SIGH*. If you're watching, I hope you'll get back to this post and comment how was the concert/s.

No comments:

Post a Comment