Monday, April 11, 2011

Limitless, Battle: L.A., Red Riding Hood, Sucker Punch, The Green Hornet

Phew! I'm on the roll these past few weeks. I originally planned dividing this to 2 post but I guess shorter reviews are always better, don't you think? ;-) Ooh, and guess what? I even arranged it from my most liked to least....wala lang :P

Limitless

Director: Neil Burger
Starring: Bradley Cooper

Rating: 5 stars

Actually, this is the ONLY movie that I liked :) It's been a while since I personally ranked a movie "5"....Ok, short review...short review... Very clever movie but it's nothing heavy like those usual mind f*ck movies that we like :) This definitely puts Bradley C to A-List. He really came a long way from being Jennifer Garner's casual beau in Alias. Highly recommended. Definitely a 'must see'







Battle: Los Angeles

Director: Jonathan Liebesman

Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez and Bridget Moynahan

Rating: 3 stars

This has been dubbed as 'Cloverleaf part 2' and has received quite bad reviews. I haven't seen Cloverleaf but I do know that it took on the "real life camera" style ala Blairwitch Project...circa '99. So that itself say's lack of originality or maybe they're just covering their poor production design by shaking the camera much HAHAHA!! It's #2 here, just because I always like "underdogs-exceptional comradery" type of movies :P And also because Michelle R's badass here as usual. Btw, NeYo's in the movie too:P




Red Riding Hood

Director: Catherine Hardwicke

Starring: Amanda Seyfried

Rating: 3 stars

In terms of whether how much I liked or DISLIKED it, should be tied with Sucker Punch with '2 stars' rating but I decided to give it a 3 since I didn't figure out who was the wolf by the middle of the film (I usually get the bad guy correct within the few minutes of the film). Plus I'm seeing this "dark version" kind of film is such a trend now (Robin Hood and I heard they're doing Snow White soon). Some hate it but I think it's OK :) Not much acting for Amanda S. but she's pretty hawt so that's OK, I guess....





Sucker Punch

Director: Zack Snyder

Starring: Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung

Rating: 2 stars

It's Inception teenybopper edition!! LOL. I do not want to explain why because that would be spoiler and I'm lazy. I researched whether this was a comic or a video game originally because it sure seems like trying hard to achieve that effect. LOL. Right now I'll be spilling shiz randomly...sorry if you can't follow. First I am really bothered by Baby Doll's heavy eye makeup. I mean, it's OK in the 'Fantasy World' but smokey eyes with dramatic lashes while at home?? Why is Vanessa Hudgen's name Blondie when she's a brunette?? I am kinda bothered how the girls were portrayed because they look pretty young to me....except for Sweet Pea...almost didn't recognize her in Limitless. But then again maybe it's just me because I'm pretty sure most of them are child actors that I may have seen in Disney or Nick before. Amber got the only normal name and Rocket got the coolest normal name :D


The Green Hornet

Director: Michael Gondry

Starring: Seth Rogen and Jay Chou

Rating: 1 stars

Just 1 star because I had high expectations for this flick and it turned out to be a big disappointment :( No chemistry between the lead actors. I know Seth R's funny so I'm wondering why he isn't in this film. And who the heck is Jay Chou?! This was played by Bruce Lee before...I mean I'm sure there are more famous Asian star out there. So I did a little research and found that this Jay Chou was the dude in Initial D live action..WHA?? What happened?!? He was cute there......





=^.-=

No comments:

Post a Comment